Chloroprene Rubber (CR), also known as chlorobutadiene rubber, is an important diene-based elastomer. The commercial grades are mostly trans-1,4-polychloroprene produced by free-radical emulsion polymerization of 2-chloro-1,3-butadiene. The chlorine in the polymer reduces the reactivity to many oxidizing agents. Its typical working temperature range is between -35°C and +120°C.
What are the benefits and the features of Chloroprene Rubber?
- Good resistance to ozone cracking
- Good resistance to heat aging
- Excellent rubber-to-metal bonds
- Superior chemical resistance
For which applications can Chloroprene Rubber be used?
- Cable jackets
- Gasoline hoss
- Wet suites
- Orthopaedic braces
- Resin in adhesives, electrical insulation and coatings
Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions or would like to make an inquiry.