PVI or CTP also known as N-(Cyclohexylthio)phthalimide used as ant scorching agent, is an flame retardant for NR and synthetic diene rubbers. PVI is a pre-vulcanization inhibitor which enables processing safety to be controlled in a predictable manner in sulphur curable compounds.
What are the benefits and the features?
- PVI pre-vulcanization inhibitor results in little or no influence on curing characteristics or vulcanize characteristics.
- PVI is particularly useful for improving efficiency of processing operations such as mixing.
- PVI is non-staining but can give a slight discoloration
- It is possible to adjust processing safety by changing dosage of PVI
- Rubber Compounding (hoses and belts)
- Tires and automotive